05 February, 2006

No waaayyyyyy......

I have to be honest with myself...I have been looking at my diary, counting weeks, days, hours....there is no way I am going to have both books finished by April...who am I kidding? I can't do it. Not possible. Even if I work 24 hour days 7 days a week...I won't be able to finish them.
I am really behind with the illustrated book, mostly because I can't make my mind up about layouts and style, and nothing I do looks good enough. The other book is moving along fairly ok, but I know when I will have finished it it will take atleast another month for editing.
Should I despair? Should I panic?
That wouldn't help the situation...No...better to just stay calm and do the best I can.
Plus I have to remind myself that it is ok to enjoy the work I am doing....I tend to have this masochistic idea that you need to suffer for something to be good...''WHIP, WHIP, WHIP"
Could that be a reason why things are moving so slowly....? Am I worrying too much about how things are going to turn out and enjoying less what I am doing?
Probably....
hmm...
I am off to have a serious talk with the mirror...

No comments: