27 April, 2006

a strange dawn....

It was a Wednesday like no other....The wind whistled mysterious tunes...the sun had a pinker hue to it....the morning stars all gathered and sat on the horizon, like swallows on a rail...

I knew their was something odd about that postman...The greener than grass ears....the mischievous nose, the sparkle in all four eyes....

'hello' i said...."what...er.. have you for me today....?"

He grinned and pointed to a huge box that was balanced on top of the tip of a dog's nose sitting in the basket of his tricycle....

''Are you sure that ones for me?" I stuttered..."No telephone bills? No pizzahut flyers?"

He nodded and shook his head at the same time....

...I was just about to protest when I heard a growl....that got louder... and louder....He pointed hungrily to his stomache, so I thought I'd better grab the box and make a run for it...

I heard screams from the neighbour's house an hour later...so I think that was a good move on my part...

This is was what was in the box when I opened it:

'' Ahaaaaaa.....!....." I said....

"Ummm...what could it be?...who could send such a rich and imaginative gift?"....

"Ohhhh...there goes a butterfly....and bubbles lots of bubbles!!!....and candy....and a bone?....and chickens....and hearts...."

I had a hunch before I read the lovely card who it must be from....

"its from one of those SSOF people..." I thought....and then said it out loud...

I then proceeded to unveil the gifts one by one:




The magic poured into my humble studio....and filled the air with fairy dust and....err...."woof woofs?!"

Yes Wednesday was a day like no other....I was giggling, eating candy, filling my studio with an embarassing amount of bubbles... and feeling very blessed!

Thank you!
:)

*SSOF: Secret Society of Fairies

5 comments:

Gail said...

Wow, that's lovely and I know which SF that came from ...

How does one become a member of the SOSF? LOL ;)

Maya said...

Hi Gail :)
I know a fairy, who knows an elf, who knows the troll that organizes the missions....Send me your address...I know for a fact (it's all hush hush at the moment...) that they are going to strike again in May...
Be warned though...if you send me your address...be VERY afraid of hungry looking, green eared, 4eyed postmen! ;)

x
Maya

Gail said...

I sent you my address before Christmas - and the Christmas Fairy sent me a lovely card - but I'll email it over again anyway ... ;)
I'm quivering in my boots at the thought of the postman tho' LOL ;)

Gretel said...

...the fairies are always listening Gail...(even if they do take a while to get their act together sometimes!)

tlchang said...

I'm glad the SSOF are actively sprinkling their fairy dust about the globe! Thanks for sharing.