07 February, 2006

I know I have already written a post but...

I can't seem to sleep....so I thought I would chatter on a little longer here...

hmmm...
strange information of the day:

There was an incident today at the forum I spend lots of my time at:
Someone spilt a soda on there desk after I had wished I had some....I joked it was my "wishing vibes" that had done it.
Well people here (mostly elderly people) do believe in "wishing vibes" that can make things go mad....pots falling of window sills, beautiful china breaking into a thousand pieces, even hair falling off....supposedly the people who have this "gift" of making things happen, have blue (or in my case green) eyes...
So if something similar like the incident at the forum, had happened in the presence of a greek grandmother who still believes in this kind of thing chances are I would have got a right telling off, or at least an angry stare...and then the whole place would be blessed with livani and olive tree leaves and an evil eye symbol placed quickly in the room...

Not that this does happen a lot here now...although sometimes I wish traditions like these still continued among the young today, even if they are a little far fetched.... makes everyday living a bit more magical imho (maybe because my life is a little boring...lol).
strange fact of the day over....

I must sleep...I must sleep....

No comments: