08 March, 2006

this is turning into a serious habit

The post deleting I mean...
I write something, then go away only to think I may have overdone it a bit with the personal stuff....this blog should be just about illustration and I go mess things up...

so to make up for all this
(promise won't happen again),
Thought I'd post some inspirational quotes that are a lot more use than the deleted post:

Only when (s)he no longer knows what (s)he is doing does the painter do good things. Edgar Degas

I will tell you what I have learned myself. For me, a long five or six mile walk helps. And one must go alone and every day. Brenda Ueland

True life is lived when tiny changes occur. Leo Tolstoy

Look and you will find it-what is unsought will go undetected. Sophocles

and one of my favourites:

In a dark time, the eye begins to see. Theodore Roethke

6 comments:

tlchang said...

You know, it is your blog. You can write anything you want on it. Your life *is* part of your art experience, it can't help but inform what we produce. Don't feel badly about posting 'all parts' of you!

Chris.P said...

'tlc' is right. I couldn't put it better.

Chris

Gail said...

I agree with "tlc" too, it's all part of what makes you the artist you are ...
-Gail x

Maya said...

Thanks guys...you are ofcourse right...I just feel a little odd about writing some things...

Tricia said...

I agree with the other comments. I found this blog about a week ago and was captivated by the wonderful illustrations (if I could draw/paint these are exactly what I would want my work to look like) and by your honest and open writing.
I want to thank you for your posts.

Stephen Collins said...

That pink bird is beautiful. The illo looks edible, really. For the first time in my life I have pinned a quote to my computer:

"When one subtracts from life infancy (which is vegetation), sleep, eating and swilling, buttoning and unbuttoning - how much remains of downright existence? The summer of a dormouse."
Lord Byron