21 February, 2006

Taxi please!

I was going to cook tonight, but I seemed to have got carried away by work...so I am waiting for delivery man to deliver me from starvation right now...

While waiting I thought I'd write a little monologue on strange occurances with Taxis and Taxidrivers of my life....:

Egypt:
I get into taxi...Taxi's door does not seem able to close....I hold tightly on to door during the ride so it doesn't open. Taxi man does not seem to know which lane he is suppose to be driving in...goes from left to right all the time... I do a lot of praying!

Thailand:
Taxi driver has not cleaned the taxi since he bought it. The taxi must be at least 20 years old. Next stop at traffic lights I buy lots of flowers from a kind little boy waiting for customers like me no doubt....I try to endure the journey by sniffing flowers until we arrive at hotel...

Paris:
Can't remember an incident...but...
what I do remember is that there were nice and cleanTaxis and polite taxi drivers....One thing did strike me as odd though...they all listen to the same radio station...

Syria:
mmm...no, can't remember anything specific except that
they all have pictures of their president stuck on the front window...

Cyprus:
Where do I begin...
1. Taxi driver instead of taking me to my house in Nicosia gets lost!! We stop at the edge of a cliff he gets out and looks over the hills and says....oops...I think we took the wrong turn!!

2. Taxi driver seems friendly.....in fact too friendly...demands he take me out for coffee when we arrive in town. I try to smile and not to look too freaked out....we arrive home... I run like hell and ofcourse never phone the taxi service he works for again.

ahh...delivery man ringing bell....must go...

Just before I go, I want to say that I also have nice stories about taxi drivers...maybe I will write them here in the future...
;)

No comments: